Plaza Regent Street

Plaza Regent Street

Opened in 1926 as The Paramount, but later renamed Plaza
The Architect was Frank T. Verity
1,896 seats
Italian Renaissance interior
Twinned during the late 1960s
In the 1970s taken over by CIC, who also owned the Empire Leicester Square, and two more screens added
Closed July 2002




Exterior is a listed building, but the inside has been gutted

There are plans for retail use, and two small cinemas to be built in the basement

Bronze & Brass Opening Plaque
March 1st 1926